Hogwarts Legacy Exceeds Elden Ring’s UK Physical Launch Sales by 80 Percent

Hogwarts Legacy Exceeds Elden Ring’s UK Physical Launch
Sales by 80 Percent

Hogwarts Legacy has been embroiled in controversies surrounding Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling for years leading up to its launch, but from a commercial perspective, the game has got off to an impressive start. As per the latest data for weekly physical sales in the UK released by the Gfk (via GamesIndustry), Hogwarts Legacy was “comfortably” the best-selling game in the region last week.

It has, in fact, outmatched the launch physical sales of last year’s Elden Ring by a whopping 80%, and is also the biggest ever retail launch for a Harry Potter game to date. It beats the previous record-holder, 2001’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, with 64% higher sales, and has even exceeded its highest ever sales in a week by 2%. 

82% of Hogwarts Legacy’s sales came on the PS5, with the remaining 18% coming on the Xbox Series X. It’s also worth noting that none of this of this accounts for the game’s digital sales. With the game set to launch for PS4 and Xbox One in April and for the Nintendo Switch in July, it’s likely to keep performing well in sales charts for some time to come. 

In second place, God of War Ragnarok has retained its position from last week, with sales climbing 10% thanks to a PS5 bundle (and more readily available PS5 stock), while FIFA 23 slips down to third place. 

You can check out the full top 10 for the week ending February 11 below.

No. Title
1. Hogwarts Legacy
2. God of War Ragnarok
3. FIFA 23
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
7. Dead Space
8. Nintendo Switch Sports
9. Minecraft (Switch)
10. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

* This article was originally published here


Popular Posts